From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 17:49:47 -0700
Ok, at the risk of being flamed, do not blame them.  You may have run up
against people who don't know anything about ferrets, or they could be
seriously short handed.  It is the responsibility of ferret owners
everywhere to help educate all of the humane societies, officers, and
wild life people.

I know, I know.  People get different jobs and move on.  But you have to
keep doing it, gently, and it does sink in.

Ok, since 1992 or was it 3?  I have been going down to our local Animal
Protective League, giving them information, talking to them, and they would
still euthanize ferrets brought in.  But I didn't stop, I still would stop
in drop off stuff, and talk, not scream rant and rave (oh, I save that for
pet shops, and they throw me out)

But after all these years of doing that, they stopped using euthanasia,
three years ago, they even hired a vet who will take care of ferrets.
And they will release biters to the shelter for training and adoption.

I am not saying your actions are wrong, it is good to let them know how
unhappy you are.

I am also saying that everyone needs to work the education, sure the
information is out there, but people don't look for it unless they are
involved.  So, we kinda have to put it in their face.

Hug your babies, they are lucky to have a caring Mom.

Jean
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
Rescue*Rehab*Educate*Adopt
Cleveland, Ohio