From:
daoine o' <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 23:14:38 -0700
Hi all,
Okay, I'll just jump right in and ask for help...

I'm worried about my big boy Razzle, age 6-7.  He's never had a sick day
in all the 5+ years I've had him.  Now, in the last month or so since my
darling Dweezil-girl died and I put the remaining 3 all in the same cage,
he's started losing his coat.  I initially thought it was just shedding
or even stress, since they've neven been in a cage together, but it is a
large 4-story cage (4'x3'x14") because my other boy Monte-boo started
losing his hair under his chin/chest, too, but that was it for him, and
they all get along fine, so I don't think it's stress.  It started under
his chin/on his chest, and he's got little red scabby-looking marks
there, and his hair is thinning across his shoulders, his tail is almost
bald, and on the tops of his feet, and now tonight when I got home from
work his feet are *bright red*, and he possibly was incontinent earlier,
as he was 'wet' between his legs.  I can't get him to a vet until Monday
at the soonest, and I'm not sure what I'm up against.

To add to it, my other half thinks he's (Razzle, not my other half!)
going crazy, like there's something 'mentally' wrong with him...he
kinda has an 'unbalanced' look in his eyes sometimes, not like
staring/unresponsive/insulinoma-like, but just, well, crazed.  I've been
half-joking maybe all the pot he smoked when he was young was catching
up with him (I rescued him from someone who had 'liberated' him from a
party where they were putting him in a bag and blowing pot smoke it in,
thinking it was some kind of 'fun'...sickos.)

He's still got plenty of pep and energy, but there is a 'strange' look
in his eyes, and then the physical problems, I just don't know.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Feel free to either email me off-list or
on, I wanted to get this into the FML as quickly as I could, and now I'm
going to do some searching online.

Thanks for any help/advice anyone can give.

Sherrie, aka daoine o', aka the ferret queen
Razzle, Monte-boo, and Jezebel
~Missing Dweezil, my one small star~