From:
Mary DeCoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2005 09:41:49 -0400
I am behind on my list, and just today read that The Ferret Store is not
removing these items from their inventory.  This business has done much
to help the ferret community, so I am both surprised and disappointed.
However, rather than pulling my business, I did ask that they re think
their decision, and gave my reasons.  here is my email:

Scott,
I would like to try to express how very disappointed I am to hear that
your company will not be removing those so bad for ferrets products from
your inventory.  I agree, education is key.  Along comes a newbie, who
buys a ferret from a pet store who does no education, or from a newspaper
ad.  The kids have lost interest, Mom never had any, and just wants to be
rid of the "smelly thing."  So now you have someone with little knowlege
trying to do the right thing by the new pet.  They go to
theferretstore.com to buy their stuff.  It would have to be good, right?!
I mean it is The Ferret Store!  They would know!  They wouldn't sell
stuff harmful to ferrets, would they.  And they are labled for ferrets!
Can you understand that to a newbie you're carrying these products is a
form of education?  It is tacit misinformation.  Iour support for all y
used to talk to people in petstores and give out your company name and
encourage use of it.  I have been proud to know the company, and grateful
for all the support you have given the ferret community.  Please, please
rethink your stand on this issue.

Sincerely,
Mary DeCoff