Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2008 23:20:06 -0400
Hmmm, if memory serves, there was a time in the distant past that I
sent an obituary notice to the FML re this computer. Miraculously,
however, it seems that "Lazarus" was raised from the dead. Ultimately,
however, the real Lazarus went to meet his Maker. Seems the time came
for this one, too. <sigh> End of an era.

Forget the computer. I want to talk about the husband.

Alexandra (in MA) said:
>My husband Dann is a good natured, optimistic man with a generally
>sunny disposition. He has a dog's heart, and I say that as a
>compliment.

I concur. In fact, I could NOT agree more. Dann is one of the nicest,
most gentle men I have ever had the pleasure to know. (Unfortunately,
these men are usually married to someone else by the time I meet them!)
And, when I am traveling, he usually knows EXACTLY where I am when I
give him a landmark. He is just downright FUN to talk to. I love the
guy. Every time I see him, it is fun (even if he did laugh when
France, the frickin' pygmy hedgehog (RIP) pooped BIG on me!). The
roller-coaster documentary was one of my most fun shared memories.

So, when Alexandra (in MA) says THIS:
>Unless the computer screws up. Then it's like he develops temporary
>brain damage. He yells at the computer. He slams things around. He
>threatens the computer with dire harm. He stomps around the house
>complaining, throwing his arms wide, gesticulating wildly. He's gonna
>kick the snots outta that thing, it's a piece of junk. Microsoft is in
>on it. Bill Gates needs to die. I hear this rant several times a year.

I have to say: Really???????? Now THAT is a side to him I have never
seen. Why didn't you call? Did you get a video for the IFC video
contest?

Alex said that Dann:
>... stopped talking about kicking the snots out of the computer, an
>understandable twenty-first century fantasy and moved on to *actually*
>kicking it. Driven half mad by the elusive malware program, he gave a
>warriors bellow (He is Scotts. It might have been an ancestral clan
>battle cry.) and punted it into the next world with one of his size ten
>steel-toed work boots.

> BLAMMO!!!!

My response: How cool is that? The last time I saw someone threaten
to do that was in 1994, when we were in the Gaza Strip and one of my
colleagues threated to start throwing computers out the windows unless
our employer managed to come up with all the funds owed him and pay
him BEFORE he left the country! Unfortunately for the show, he got his
money.

<snip>
>And? The best part. I swear this is true. When Dann tried to restart
>the computer he got an error message. It read "Unrecoverable Boot
>Error." We had a good howling laugh over that one!

Now, THAT is funny! lol

--
Renee Downs
"Eventually we will realize that if we destroy the ecosystem we