From:
Filimena Lowe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:56:28 -0800
Anyone read this?  It's a followup to the Polly press conference, and
links to the Ben/Conan video.  It looks like she really cares that the
ferret's "voice" is heard in all this too.  She said she's going to have
an interview with the ferret's trainer posted soon too.

http://fantasticadaily.com/misc.php?fID=40

She also posted this on another list about how we can keep going with
_positive_ ferret PR:

   Subject: How can we keep riding the wave of ferrets in the news?

Since ferrets are topical right now, here are some people we can all
contact to see if they can help us promote positive PR for ferrets, and
especially ferret legalization in CA and NYC:

Animal friendly movie director: Jean-Jacques Annaud
Director of The Bear
Two Brothers (tigers)
Screenwriter of Running Free (horses)
http://www.jjannaud.com/ - Official Website

Betty White is a well-known animal activist
Betty White
c/oJeff Witjas
Agent, APA
9200 Sunset Blvd. Suite 900
Los Angeles CA 90069

"NBC Hometown Heros" local news segment, nationwide.  Here's the info for
New Mexico.  Search your local news stations for ways to submit ideas and
heros online.  http://www.kobtv.com/index.cfm?cat=CONTACT

Actors and Others for Animals
Find out what their stance is on ferrets, and if any celebs might be
willing to help our cause.
http://www.actorsandothers.com/

The Pet Press, Los Angeles
Each issue features a cover story about a celebrity or a personality
involved with animal welfare in the L.A. or national arena.
http://www.thepetpress-la.com/

Animal Planet / Discovery Channel Viewer Relations
Fill in thier form and tell them you'd like to see more programming
devoted to ferrets.  How many ferrets and ferret owners are there in
the U.S.?  Our numbers could translate to more viewers for them and
in turn more money for their sponsors.
http://extweb.discovery.com/viewerrelations

The Honorable Arnold Schwarzenegger
Governor's Office
State Capitol Building, 1st Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814

Allison Argo -
award winning documentary filmmaker (did one on cats, one on primates)
c/o  National Geographic Channel
Natural History Unit
1145 17th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20036-4688