From:
Tressie Dutchyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2008 09:31:56 -0300
Hi Marie,

In reference to your post:
>JOJO, loves banana, creamed corn, corn, even broccoli. Along with the
>meal supplement that 3 other ferrets drinks. Poor Jim, he has to drink
>it fast before Bee smell the stuff. She even drags the full, empty
>cans around.

Marie

I would be cautious about feeding ferrets corn in any form - major risk
of forming an obstruction. Just because a ferret loves a particular
food item does not mean it is safe to give it to them. Most ferrets
also love raisins and we now know they are very dangerous i.e., can
cause renal failure, even death.

Our fuzzies depend on us knowing what is best for them. Some ferrets
love chewing on bedding as well but we all know that is not good for
them either - don't we?

Tressie A. Dutchyn, PhD (c)
Dalhousie University
Research Project Coordinator