From:
Julie Coddington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:08:44 -0500
I think the person who wrote that they didn't get a "thank you" might
have wanted something back to know that the package even arrived.  I have
a friend who adopted a ferret off the tree, sent the shelter owner an
e-mail and then shipped the package.  With the problems with shipping and
the mail service, we all like to make sure a package arrives.  As it
turns out, the shelter posted the wrong e-mail information and when he
e-mailed her to tell her that he was adopting one of her ferrets, there
was no response.  He sent the package before he wrote her and I even
wondered what was going on.  We solved the problem, she responded with a
wonderful note and out of his happiness, he sent her an additional check
for $50.00 to help with the ferret's special food.

This is just an example of how miscommunication can happen.  I don't look
at it as wanting to see my name up in lights or on the FML, I look at
it this way: I've found another new ferret friend in Arizona who I can
send photos to and hopefully she knows she has a new ferret friend in
Columbus, Ohio.  I enjoy the notes she writes me (in ferret language,
too!) to tell me how much they enjoyed their goodies.  That means more
to me than anything.  I save those letters.  I save the letters from
Alexandra.  I send Alexandra's letters to my friends and they laugh at
her stuff too.  I showed my friends the "thank you" letter from the five
I adopted and everyone says, "how cute".  I'll keep my letter for a long
time.

Julie Coddington
Credentialing Coordinator
Grant Medical Center