From:
Jarrod Male <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 22:23:39 +1000
>From:    Melanie Hawkins: Purple skin and Hair Growth
>Little Moe, a 9 month old female ferret, was spayed about 3 weeks ago.  Her
>hair on her belly is pretty much non-existent thus far, and I have just
>noticed that her skin turned purple on her belly.

Melanie - this scared me with my Millie-mongoose too - thought she must have
internal bleeding to be bruising so badly!!  But it's probably just the fur
starting to grow back - have you ever seen the purply-blue colour over the
jaw of a guy with a "six o'clock shadow"?  Same thing!

>When I finally put Boo Boo with the rest of them I found out h e screams
>really loud when they are playing with him.(Yes it actually sounds like
>screaming.)

I believe you when you say he really sounds like he's screaming.  This also
used to worry us with Millie, who cries and screams when wrestling with
Sinbad, but always goes back for more.  We figure if she likes it so much,
it can't really be worrying her too much.  In fact, only recently (we've had
Millie for 1 1/2 yrs now), I was watching them play and realised that Millie
was carrying on and making an awful noise even when Sinbad wasn't doing
anything to her.  I just figure she's a talkative ferret, and likes to give
Sinbad a piece of her mind!

I've had some messages of support for the idea of an Australian ferret site.
Thanks to the people who responded.  Once again, if you know of any
(Australian) sites (your homepage, your ferret society), please let me know.
Also let me know if you think this is re-inventing the wheel.  I'll be
posting a link for it soon (that is, as soon as it looks a bit better than
it does now!!).

Cheers!
Sophie, Millie-mongoose and the Sin-weasel, and yet another dead
pot-plant...