From:
Paula Bryder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 May 1996 00:05:40 -0400
Since my company has an office in Sacramento, I called to check status of
the furrbutts out there.  The aide in Wilson's office told me that he had no
plans to change his anti-ferret stance.  When asked why, the aide said that
ferrets turn savage in the wild, and when kept at home become dangerous and
feral.  I explained they die in the wild, and are bred to live at home with
people - I live with three of them, so I'm confident they are NOT feral.  I
asked where the guv was getting this information since it is so very wrong -
you guessed it, Fish & Game.  These people are crazy.  I expected at least
reasonable opposition, but this is incredibly wrong-headed and I was
shocked.  Conan the Large just romped past me, giggling.  Right - feral and
savage.

Paula Bryder
Conan, Camille, and Rikki