From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 1995 13:08:08 -0500
These puns are becoming more and more difficult to digest!  If this sort
of regurgitation continues, us poor FML readers will have to chew through
more and more non-ferret related posts (even though some may be quite a
gas to read).  Tsk! Back on topic.  [Moderator's note: OK, you're right.
Too many inside jokes.  I'll quit now. ;-)  BIG]

Re: bad ferret eyesight.  I think it's selective.  My weasels have xray
vision when it comes to spotting me taking out the raisins (ie, through the
walls, around corners), but utterly fail to notice me when they're digging
in my clothes hamper or the trash and i walk into the room, catching them in
the act.  Re: missing targets - it's probably more an issue of depth
perception and lighting than anything else - ferrets' eyes are more to the
sides of their heads than the front, and while this gives them a wider
circle of vision, it detracts from their ability to judge depth and
distance.  Mine seem to first look straight at something, then look at it
with one eye, then look at it with the other.  If they're getting ready to
jump, they bob their heads while looking straight at the target (cats do
this too), probably to better judge distance by changing the angles at which
they're seeing the object.

Congrats MA folks!

Melissa, Potpie, Friday, and Noodle

    Melissa Litwicki                                    [log in to unmask]
    Radio Controlled Operation In Vivid Six Ways Of Movement With Reality!