Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:53:46 -0500
ok everyone... I need your help.. tell me what ya think.

My five year old male Weezzer is very ill.  He is dehydrated and he has
granular runny poop.  I took him to the vet and they did a "look over"
(basically checked his ears, eyes, listened to his heart and lungs and
examined his poopie) and told me he was in pretty bad shape.

She prescribed 0.5 cc of Kaolin-Pectin every six hours along with 0.25 cc
of Cephalexin 50mg susp/1Wk to be given every 12 hours ( both by mouth)
also they had me buy a tube of Evsco Nutri-Cal and I'm supposed to follow
the directions on the tube for that, about a teaspoon or so a day.  But
after 24 hours I don't see much of any improvement as he doesn't seem to be
slacking up on the runs.  She also gave him three shots to hydrate him...
one in the neck and two in the rear.

I live in north Alabama and while this vet knows more about ferrets than
others in my area I don't think she knows as much about them as id like her
too.  The above mentioned treatment was 89 dollars and while I know that's
nothing as compared to a life its hard for me because at this time we are
very low on funds.  The vet said that for 300 more she would do ex-rays and
blood work and keep him there but she didn't think there was much hope.
She said there was such a thing as "sick ferret syndrome" where they just
get ill and there is no way to bring em out of it.  She also said she
thought he may have more than two illnesses but she had no idea what they
were.... I don't know what to do, I need the benefit of the FML's vast
knowledge.  I love this little guy .... he's my best friend.  Any ideas
you have please email them to me at my addy.  thank you all....

Damon & Pennie
& the rug monsters ( Weezzer, Sheba, and Peppin)