Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:43:35 -0800
Hi Sara Ferret!

I would love it if you could check on my girls for me.  They are all at
the rainbow bridge.

Really there are four girls in heaven.  Could you please check on Hermes.
She was a simple light sable girl, about 5 months old, that was let out
of the house by a girl friend after only having her for 3 weeks.  I never
saw her again.  That was in 1992.  Tell her I am so sorry.  I didn't even
know how to look for a lost one then but I tried for days anyway.  Let
her know I have never had another ferret as lovable as her.  She used to
sleep in my hair at night and lay in my lap like a cat would.  She is the
reason I am hooked on ferrets.

Next will be Hermes (the second one) she got out of the house and was
killed by a neighbor in 1995.  She looked like the first Hermes only very
tiny.  I never really found out how she escaped.  I miss her terribly

Coco Chanel was given to me while I was looking for Hermes.  Even though
I live in a ferret free zone I still put out posters.  It was off of a
poster that a guy called me and had found Coco in an Armory.  He had
exotic cats and couldn't keep her.  Coco was a dark sable I used to call
her my old lady ferret.  Coco died in 2001 two months after having her
second adrenal removed.  She died in the early am while I frantically
called vets trying to find one to treat a ferret.  Coco was my love.  She
had even moved to Pakistan and back with me.  She literally had flown
around the world.  I used to call her my "smellerina".  Please let her
know that I am so sorry that I couldn't save her life.  I even tried CPR.

My last one to cross the bridge was Muffin aka "white rat", she was a
dark eyed white.  She died 6 weeks after Coco almost to the hour.  I
think Coco needed her because when Coco died there was nothing wrong with
white rat.  She had some fluid in her abdomen.  The vet removed the fluid
and she bled to death internally.  I should have never taken her to the
vet.  I really feel like I killed her trying to be a good ferret mom.
Please Sara, go check on my babies and give them a ferret kiss for me.  I
never really gave my kids treats so I don't know if you will find them
lapping up ferretvite or not.  They all liked my milk though.  Please
tell them all how much they were loved and I can't wait to join them.
Tell them thanks for sending me the kids I have now also.

Anxiously awaiting, Mary Jo  and the "8 is enough" gang