From:
California Domestic Ferret Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 1997 00:59:35 -0400
I know that many of you will not be able to come because of your locations,
but if you just HAPPEN to be in the SF Bay area we'ld love to see you.

                        You are Cordially Invited -
                            By the CDFA Board

To the first annual Northern California Domestic Ferret Association's Open
Meeting.  If that's not a mouthful I don't know what it.

That's right.  We're holding our first open meeting.  All members, wanna be
members, lookie loos and critics alike are invited to attend.  As we cannot
guarantee the lack of the Authorities attending we strongly advise against
bringing any ferrets with you.

What: Pot Luck Picnic..... BYOF (does not stand for Bring your own Ferret in
      this instance) Bring your own meat and 1 sharable side dish.  (Beer
      and wine permitted, however please designate a driver before indulging)

When:  August 24, 1997 9:30AM

Where: Del Valle Park Livermore, Oakpointe.  Direction & map on last page

Why: We want to get to know our membership and let them get to know us.  The
     entire CDFA Board hopes to be on hand to enjoy the fun.

In addition, FerretWare will be there with all the latest ferret related
goodies and that's always an exciting proposition.

Put it on your calendar, we really want to get to know you and for you to
get to know who is running your organization Southern CA, don't worry, we
have you planned for our Oct. Meeting.  With any luck and a lot of hard
work, next year the Ferrets can come too!

Directions for the PicNic;
Livermore is off 580 in the SF East Bay area in the area of
Pleasanton/Dublin on this map.  A number of major freeways join with 580 in
many places.  The map below should give you a general idea of how to find
Livermore.

Hwy 580 in Livermore, take N.  Livermore exit; drive south through town
until it becomes Tesla Rd.  Take next right on Mines Rd.  Stay on Mines Rd
to Del Valle Rd.  Veer right up the hill into the park.

From Hwy 84: Take 84 into Livermore (it will turn into Holmes St.) Turn
right on 4th St.  Then turn right on S. Livermore Ave which will turn into
Tesla Rd.  Turn right on Mines Rd.  and follow it into the park.

Tell the entrance people you are there for the CDFA Picnic.  Directions
inside park:
Enter gate using the righthand lane; immediately inside the gate ($5 per car
admission) turn right.  Turn left into the second or third parking lot.  Oak
Point is on the water between the two parking lots.

No flotation devices allowed on weekends, but fishing with licenses is
permitted and boat rentals are available.  Plenty of room for Volleyball,
horseshoes, Frisbees, etc.  Bring your favorite sports gear.  There are a
couple of B-B-Q pits, picnic tables, as well as several large Oak trees.
You may want to bring awnings, chairs, etc.  We are near the water, however
swimming is NOT permitted in our area.  You have to go to the approved
beaches to swim, and we did find them crowded when we checked the site out.

We will be conducting a full board meeting beginning at 10:30AM, so come
with your questions and comments.

Everyone is welcome.