From:
"Brown, Peter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 14:50:31 -0400
Hi All.

I have two ferties, Penny and Sandy (both a year old).  I don't introduce
them to other people very often so that may be the issue here, but...

Penny is a nipper.  She never nips me, but she'll nip anyone else I
introduce her to.  She's never been abused.  She _is_ a hyper little girl,
though :-)

She used to nip my ex girlfriend pretty often, but she only came up to my
place about once a month.  I had a guest over the other day and she was into
seeing the ferrets, but after a couple minutes, Penny nipped her twice.
After that they had to go back into their cages.

It is because of this behavior that I'm afraid to let anyone play with them
(lest I lose them).  Unfortunately now there is one more person out there
(my guest from the other day) that thinks that ferrets are mean.  (No matter
how much I showed her how cuddly Penny was.) <sigh>

Aside from that, Penny is the cuddly one.  She'll cuddle with me as long as
my kitty isn't chasing her around :-)

What am I doing wrong?  They play with me, and don't bite (although penny
does sometimes do the lick, lick lick chomp thing)

Pete ("Help, I'm surrounded! <g>")
Penny("Any more of those little play mice around for me to hoard?? No?
Let me take the cat's other favorite toys then <eg>")
Sandy ("Put 'em up, put 'em up!")
Mabel ("I don't care if you _are_ older.  I rule this livingroom!")

  Peter M. Brown - Senior Programmer / Analyst
  Applied Information Sciences, Inc.
  Business Email :       mailto:[log in to unmask] (RTF/Mime)
  Personal Email :       mailto:[log in to unmask] (RTF/Mime)
  Personal Site :        http://www.grouplynx.com/Pete/
  ICQ :          Psychlist - 1096038