From:
"Cheryl M. Forbis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 1995 12:46:11 CDT
Hello,
    I'm a new subscriber as of 7/12.  I'm the proud parent of three
wonderful fuzzies: Serek (Fat Boy), 6-7 yrs, adopted through WNYFLFA,
Boris and Natasha, 3 yrs, from an amazingly large first litter of twelve
born to one of Pat Nothnagle's adoptees.  They bring me much joy.  At the
moment, I live in Kokomo, IN (an intellectual black hole like no other in
the universe) where ferrets are still a rare, exotic pet.  The good thing
about this is you always draw a crowd, and no disease epidemics.  The bad
thing is the utter lack of informed people, owners, sellers, and vets
alike.  Fortunately, I previously lived with Debbie Riccio in Rochester
for a year where I was properly informed in the ways of the ferret.  I
also have the benefit of having worked as a veterinary assistant/kennel
attendant for a couple of years.
    As you can imagine, I am stunned at the amount of info that passes
through here in just one day.  This is the greatest thing since sliced
bread!!  THANKS, Debbie, for the address.

RE: Strangest ferret names
   Gale Putt, as I mentioned, I have two ferrets, brother and sister, named
Boris and Natasha. Most people don't get the significance of these names, but
there are reasons for them. Strange names are the greatest, the stranger the
better! They can be an expression of individuallity or a tribute to some one.
I mean, after all, there probably aren't many ferrets named SID or NANCY.
Thats the point! You also mentioned that these ferrets needed something
permanent. So, change their names if you must, but I think you'd be taking
away some of their charm.

RE: Ferrets in the movies
    Kodo and Podo from "Beast Master" were both male ferrets, so it really
is impossible to tell which is which.  It also puts a twist in the
pregnancy scenario, doesn't it.  One thing that does bug me about ferrets
in the movies is the sounds they dub in that the ferrets are supposed to be
making.  I think they used rat noises in "Beast Master" (certainly doesn't
help the "ferrets aren't rodents" issue).  Whats wrong with the reall
thing?  "CLUCK CLUCK" Despite all the amusing discrepancies, "Beast Master"
was the movie that inspired my first ferret purchase (and what a cutie she
was, too).

Well isn't that enough - see ya!
        CHERYL