From:
[log in to unmask] (Heather L. Garvey)
Date:
Tue, 01 Nov 1994 09:28:33 -0600
*         I have read many places that state that shavings should not be used,
* but I have not heard of any studies. Could someone please cite a study on
* the use of cedar shavings and ferret health?  In the alternative, any study
* between cedar shavings and small animals would be helpful.

        Here in Chicago, the new PETsMART stores just opened and when I asked
after ferretanalia, they said there might be some stuff in the hamster
section. I looked puzzled and said "Oh. THey're more like cats than hamsters
but ok." The manager looked intrigued and wrote that down and asked me a few
more questions about furries. Later I noticed a commercial "Ferret Starter Kit"
available there, CEDAR CHIPS and an EENTSY, weentsy cage and other stuff.
PETsMART seems truly concerned about pets and in fact, refuse to sell dogs
or cats, but instead act as an interface to the local adoption agencies.
(Why sell more dogs and cats when there are so many to adopt?) I was
wondering if someone from the Greater Chicago Ferret Association could
get in touch with me and help educate PETsMART and maybe do a couple
demos/meet-the-ferret sessions for public education as well (Told you they
were pretty cool. They would have contacted GCFA themselves, but I had no
contact info.) Any GCFAers can contact me at the nelow # during the day or
at 708-776-8239 at night.

--
Heather Garvey                          Phone: (708) 632-3790

        "He looked back like a nocturnal rabbit trying to outstare the
headlights of a sixteen-wheeled artic whose driver is a twelve-hour
caffeine freak outrunning the tachometers of hell."
                -- Terry Prachett, _Mort_