From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 06:41:32 -0400
Hi FML'ers

Just want to put my two cents in and put a pot over my head for the
bashing I may receive.

Here goes - I have the answer to shelter bashing.  I read all the emails,
and I know how you feel.  Try this.

When you are upset with a shelter mom, try writing those nasty emails.
Put them in the draft box.  Tomorrow, take them out, now your mindset
has changed.  You wrote the email, you got it off your chest, you feel
better about it, everything you needed to say is there.

Now delete it.  That's right, delete it.  When say negative things about
people, you hurt them, this decreases their productivity.  The ferrets
in their care, no matter how bad you think that care is, decreases.  And
bashing the care given to a ferret that has passed on is a waste of time
and energy.

It is over, it is done, you cannot change it, move on.  A Higher
Authority oversees all, weather you think so on not.  Be kind to each
other.  I hate to see the hurtful emails, as these shelter moms feel
pain too.

I am reminded of a story - A mouse was running away from a fox that was
chasing it.  A lion was walking along and heard the mouse cry for help.
Just as the fox was about to pounce, the lion stepped in and the fox
stopped.  The mouse ran free, and the fox turned away.  The mouse was
very grateful, and told the lion to call on him if he ever needed help
with anything.  The lion said I am so big and powerful, what could you do
to help me?

Some time later, the lion was walking in the forest and stepped on a
snare.  He was caught in a trap.  The mouse heard him roaring throughout
the forest and went to see what was the matter.  The lion was unable to
move because the ropes were holding him tight.  The mouse set to work,
and in no time at all, had the lion free.

The moral - a kindness is never wasted.

It takes 43 muscles to frown and only 17 muscles to smile.  Conserve
energy.

Marilyn