From:
"Regina J. Hart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 1996 11:47:12 -0400
FERRET DISCIPLINE
Having recently (June) adopted two new babies, I am becoming the dominatrix
of ferret discipline.  (Then again, as Mo' Bob said, that's another list...)
Anyhoo, I've discovered that one of the most effective discipline techniques
is _not_ scruffing, water bottle spraying, nose thumping, etc.  The best
discipline technique is.... cuddling!

When that little toe shark goes for your digits just one too many times,
pick him up, hug him, wuzzy his fur, kiss his head, and put him down.  Watch
as he gyrates away!

The beastie boys seem to respond more calmly and favorably to some lovin'
than they do scruffing.  When scruffed or otherwise disciplined, they just
"retaliate." Cuddling seems to have a calming effect... Really!

Have you hugged your weasel today?

Gina, Paleface, Gunnar, and Daniel
Formerly <[log in to unmask]>               Now <[log in to unmask]>