From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 10:54:15 -0500
>From:    "M. JOYT" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Toys in cage?!

If the ferret is not capable of eating or chewing the toys to destruction,
such as hard plastic balls, then toys are fine.  Unfortunately, most toys
which look safe at purchase time are really accidents waiting to happen and
that is why the words of caution are in there.  NEVER leave rubber, laytex,
or stuffed toys in a cage unless you KNOW the ferret will not destroy and
swallow any parts of the items.

***   ulcers?
>From:    mulligan <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret who is grinding teeth

I would suspect an ulcer and recommend a trip to the vet for Amoxi and Pepto
Bismal routine.

***   ferrets in comics
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Us & Them

Wiley is also the cartoonist for Non-Sequitor (sp?) which is also syndicated
and appears in newspapers that do not carry Us & Them.  The Washington Post
carries Non-Seq and the Washington Times carries Us & Them.

I've e-mailed Joe Pyle and received no responses, but I'm sure he has surfed
the WWW to look at Ferret World and other ferret sites.  I even sent him
ferret care infor to make sure he takes good care of Annie.