From:
Erci Nolan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 09:21:15 -0400
Hello folks,

Usually I am just a lurker here, but lately I've had a strange behavior
change in one of my ferrets.

I have a 5 year of female, Newt, a 9 month old male, Indy and I am boarding
a 4 month old female, Jasmin.  Last month I brought Jasmin in to my home, I
am sitting her for my cousin in college, and at first things were normal.
Newt shortly made it clear to Jasmin that she was not going to put up with
constant roughhousing, so the two younger ones took up most of the
fighting/wrestling.  I noticed within about two weeks, that Jasmin was
sucking and pulling Indy's ears whenever they layed down.  (On a funny note,
Jasmin is very small, about 1.5 lbs, and Indy is huge, 4-5 lbs).  Indy, who
used to be outgoing, and friendly, is now, after about a month of this,
timid and easy to spook.  I am concerned that Jasmin has frightened him, or
cowed him into being too docile.  He just lays there when Jasmin wants to
suck his ears, and he almost always ends up on the bottom in a fight.

If I seperate Jasmin, will Indy return to normal?  Will Jasmin get over
living with other ferrets and then not again?  Is it too late after a month,
will Indy ever get his self confidence back?

Help.  Please send reply's directly to me, [log in to unmask], but cc the list
I'm sure others may want to know.

Looking for a ferret pshrync,

--
     The Psi Corps is your friend.     Trust the Psi Corps.