From:
Sarah Branham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 00:12:59 EDT
Hi all,
Wanted to thank everyone who refreshed my memory on the syndrome I posted
about before.  It's called Munchausen By Proxy.  Although I know it's a
long shot that this is the case with the lady that has had all those pets
and so on, but like I said, it is a possibility.

As for Max and Ginger, I am going shopping for them tomorrow (I got a new
job that pays more than babysitting, and it'll help me with my brain too,
for you that don't know, I have been diagnosed with agoraphobia).  I am
kind of nervous, because I feel I need to take them to the vet again.  I
read up on ECE on advice from some of you, and tonight I was cleaning the
litter pan and saw green poo.  I'm not talking brownish green, but
literally GREEN.  I thought maybe it could have been something they ate (I
don't know which did it, but after the initial diahrrea got better, they
had "grainy poo"..poo with tiny white somethings in it).  They don't act
sick at all, though Ginger has been sleeping a bit more, on the other hand,
her playtime has been longer lately too.  I guess I'd been ruling it out as
a possibility since the vet said they seemed ok.  I haven't talked to him a
lot about ECE, but I am going to print up the info from ferret central to
show him.  (That's ok isn't it?..I guess I'll find out when I go to
retrieve the info) Sorry rambling on again.  Referring to my ilness, I'd
like to stress how important you all have been to me, since it's VERY hard
to talk to someone face to face, and even harder to find more caring,
compassionate people to talk to.  So thanks and prayers to all and the sick
or passed fuzzies.

-Sarah, Ginger, and Max