From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 16:22:01 -0500
>From:    Joanne Gelormino <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Thankful for my Vet
>...I have to sing the praises of my vet, Dr. Wil Barrios of the East
>Hartford Animal Clinic in CT.

I've seen Dr. Barrios working at a couple of FACT shows.  Not only was he
helping out, but his family was too!  He seems very caring and dedicated.

>my ferrets like to nose ping pong balls around for awhile, but eventually
>they always pull them close into their bodies and herd them into a corner
>somewhere.  I've noticed other ferts performing this same feat.Is this a
>learned behaviour or are my critters related to Sisyphus?

it's been suggested that this is reminiscent of egg-stealing behavior in
their wild ancestors.  My guys do it too, very funny.  Now is the time to
buy those silly plastic Easter eggs.  Good clean inexpensive fun!  (though
after reading Georgia's post about the USS Chunky, my guys want their own
boat!!)

Ralphie: yoo ho ho and a bottle of ferretone!
Harry: hey mr. tally man, tally me bananas! daylight come and we want to go
home!
Prince Charming: shiver me timbers!
Merlin: swashbuckling! who called me that??
Roxanne: nautical but nice
Petunia: all hands on dook!
Epcot: fe fi fo fum, I smell the feet of an englishman!

and Ronnie (who should be working)