From:
FerretMomJC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:33:46 -0700
I have announced raffles and items for sale or auction to benefit a
couple of different shelters (mine included) on the FML.  I have to say,
I would hate to lose this option as it does reach so many ferret folks
at one time.

We have tested holding e-Bay auctions with an FML announcement and
without and I have to say that posting to the FML definitely brings
up the volume of "lookers" and bidders on the auction items.  The same
goes for raffles.

Yes, the "Fund raising For Ferrets" group exists, and I am a member, but
to be honest, I don't think anyone looks at it besides people who are
trying to raise funds.

As a shelter operator, I appreciate being able to post to the FML for
fund raising.  I also recognize that not everyone wants to read those
posts.  I've personally liked that all such posts have been dropped to
the bottom of the list in each daily digest by our moderator.  This way,
I can get my message out, yet people who are not interested can skip
over those last few e-mails.

Jerri Carel
The Ferret Haven
Louisville