Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 18:11:56 -0700
Anyone have any info on coccidia?  My youngest (15 weeks) was just
diagnosed with it during a fecal exam.  The vet prescribed Sulfatrim -
1/2 cc once a day for 3 weeks.  Since it's easily transmitted, I'll be
giving the rest a small dose as well).  I'm going back in 3 weeks with
stool samples from all 4 ferrets to see how effective the treatment was.

I searched the back issues of the FML and found several other medications
used to treat coccidia.  Is this the best one, or should I ask the vet
about any other meds during the next visit?  Should I try to keep him
separated from the rest for a few weeks (the rest were negative for
coccidia)?

Also, what are the signs/symptoms of coccidia in ferrets?  How effectively
can coccidia be treated?  Any info is appreciated.  I'm going to try to
search the net tonight for more info on coccidia in ferrets, but so far
I've not found alot.

Thanks!