From:
Florence Love <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2008 21:37:59 -0400
Adopted two ferrets last weekend, into my already 4 ferret household. I
have two oldster, that don't even notice the new guys, and two younger
that don't have super Alpha attitudes. All seemed well, the two new
guys were a bit skittish, one more than the other, but were adjusting
fine. Now the smaller of the two, Mushu is totally isolating himself
from the others, and jumps at every sound. My original kids haven't
been doing the alpha thing, they all are in their bedroom together
during the day, and come out with us in the morning and evening. Mushu
will take gravy from me, but every noise, he wants to run. I've had
all types of ferrets, but this scared, timid run for cover, isn't the
normal ... very far beyond the normal scared. Can anyone give a bit of
insight into this for me??

Mushu and I thank you ....
Florence Love
Marietta, GA
P.S.   We have no skin kids to terrorize them, and only one cat that is
totally intimidated by them.