From:
Alicia K Drakiotes / Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 11:32:47 -0500
I would like to hear from ANYONE who has had experiences with ferrets and
micro-chipping.  A local vet is now offering this service to companion
animals and exotics (including reptiles & birds).  My concern is that the
recommended placement of the micro chip is between the shoulder blades, and
the same location as most vaccines are given in ferrets.  I would like to
know from any vets if you feel this would pose a problem with the
vaccination processes.  I would also like to know if any owners have used
this form of identification for their ferret companions and whether the
results were positive or negative.  Any and al replies will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks  Alicia at Ferret Wise
(currently considering this as a shelter identification means)