From:
Chris Stephenson and Lynn Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 13:23:48 -0400
Dear FML
I am sorry to report that yesterday, early in the afternoon, our little
Molly left us quite suddenly for the Rainbow Bridge.

We are at a loss as to what took her and very much in shock.  I fed her the
special breakfast food that she loves (Rick Beveridge's weight gain recipe).
She ate lots and then went off to a morning romp.  I came home at 11:30 A.M.
and fed Ferris his insulnoma recipe.  I did not see Molly but that was not
unusual as they have the whole bottom part of the house and there are lots
of favorite sleep stations.  Bill came home from exams at 2:30 and found
Molly dead.  She was on the carpet in his room and it looked like she had
come into the room for a bite to eat and dropped dead.  There was no sign of
trauma (no feces, no blood, no froth, nothing).  Just lying on the carpet on
her side.  I do not know if Ferris and Meeka had been in to snuffle around
her little body to ask what was wrong.  It is imposible to know.

Meeka appears to be upset by this, Ferris appears unaffected.  We buried
Molly in the backyard in a clean white shirt and a favorite blanket.

She came to us a foster ferret several months ago and we kept her for our
own.  She must have been an apartment ferret as she did not know how to
climb stairs (never did learn that one) and had no idea what to do with
dryer tubing - figured out how to have lots of fun running back and forth
with Meeka.

We are happy to have made her last months fun - she had our undivided
attention, good food and good ferret friends.

She waits for us at the Rainbow Bridge with Fred and many other family pets
who have gone before her.  Good night sweet Molly - may businesses of angels
sing thee to thy rest.

Lynn