Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 18:32:07 -0600
Ulrike,

I know there have been posters from Brazil before, but have not noticed
them on the list lately.  Hopefully they have just been lurking and can
provide you with some information.  I would think that supplies could be
ordered internationally if they are scarce within the country.

Concerning the 6 month quarantine I am aware of a push to rescind this
practice, but the last I read it could be a few more years.  I understand
that it is difficult to find good kennels for the quarantine, and that some
animals are never the same.  You would know more about this since you
actually live there and I'm in Texas!

Now I'm not recommending this, but I have heard that a lot of people smuggle
their beloved pets back into Britain by flying or driving to France and
then crossing the channel in a car by ferry or driving thru the chunnel.
Essentially they are pulling a "California" and are hiding their pets in
their cars and playing the radio loudly.  I recently read of a family that
successfully smuggled their shepherds back in by sedating them and putting
them into the trunk of the car till they had crossed.

I imagine the owners are missing their ferrets greatly and don't want to do
without them for another year, but I hope they make the best decision for
the ferrets.

Good Luck-
Shelly