Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 11:41:08 EDT
For an almost 10 yo (June) w/advanced adrenal gland tumor and the risky
stump pyometra surgery 3/16, she's recovering nicely.  Had a scare last
Tues a.m. with blood in her stool, but she hasn't done it again.

Re-cap: Casey came into foster care at 7yo by her original owner who
thought her 3/4 baldness was from mange.  Wrong - adrenal gland tumor.
Her first foster parents, me, and our vet chose not to put her through
surgery due to emaciation, underweight, and age.  She came to me over a
year ago as my perm foster; i.e., I get to pay the 25% discounted vet
bills instead of Ferret Guardian Rescue Haven (www.FerretGuardian.org).

Due to the increasing infection not being controlled by meds, Dr. Dan
Hudson/Northwoods AH in Cary, NC, and I agreed that that the stump
pyometra (a symptom of unresolved adrenal gland tumor) would cause her
to die of toxicity.  So, minimal invasiveness for the removal of the
stump pyometra and IF left adrenal gland tumor removal was agreed upon.
It was the left adrenal gland.

It was a hard decision to put Casey under anesthesia and surgery, but I
had no choice.  The ol' girl blew in a beautiful DEW coat in late January
for some reason.  She's quite the sweety and got to visit Triangle Ferret
Lovers club of NC's (www.TriFL.org) tent at the Renaissance Faire two
weekends ago. :-)

Shari