From:
California Domestic Ferret Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 11:26:18 -0400
A search warrant may be issued for many reasons, confiscation of ferrets is
not the only reason Fish and Game or the Police can use to get one to search
your home.  I am talking a search warrant specifically for ferrets.  If
however, I am wrong about the number, I do apoligize.  It seems for some
reason, probably nothing more than oversight, the information of additonal
search warrants was not passed on to the Rescue Coordinator of the CDFA or
the rest of the board for that matter.  I did specify, to the best of our
knowledge.  It is important, that when your animals are seized or suspected
for that matter you contact the CDFA with ALL of the information to insure
we have to proper grounds to fight your case with.  Confiscation of ferrets
is the job of the Rescue Coordinator, and that is the individual who should
have all the facts, without that their fight on your behalf is not complete.
We have a 24 hour number with and EMERGENCY pager listed on the machine.  It
is 415.917.0346.  Please let us know of any situation you feel we can help
with.  The safety and health of ferrets is our primary goal.

As for posting my name, it's not necessary.  I represent an organization,
note that is singular, and not myself.  When I post something of a personal
nature I post under a different ID, (BIG can attest to that).  This ID
belongs to the CDFA and represents their opinions and points of view, not
necessarily my own.  I don't need to post my name as it has no bearing on
what is posted under this ID.

CDFA1