From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:40:12 -0400
>From:    christine newkirk <[log in to unmask]>
>
>You DO realize that Anthrocon is a convention not for animal lovers but
>for animal LOVERS?!  Or rather, people who dress up in animal suits and
>find it erotic?  You know, "plushies".
>
>Hence the cartoon animal erotica.  SO you may want to think twice about
>letting your daughter keep those horns.  :) I am very happy that
>everyone was so nice, and while it isn't my personal cup of tea, I'm
>also glad that eccentric people are portrayed in a positive light for
>the positive things they did.

I've been a life long sci fi fan.  I'm not big on fuzzy fandom.  It
doesn't involve sole sexual erotica.  Costuming is done for fun and show
off creativity.  conversations are held about the compariative qualities
of artists and writers.  Favorite shows are viewed over and over.
Favorite books are collected, re-sold, and occassionally shared with
friends.  Need to keep that collectors value up.  There are chances to
talk to the artists and the writers,get books autographed by their
creators.

Plushies is a form of erotica, and has little or nothing to do with fuzzy
fandom.

KG