From:
Jim Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:08:37 -0700
Yesterday, (7-16-07) we received a call from someone that works at the
local Animal Refuge League about a ferret that had been hit by a car.
She just happened to be following the car, when the ferret tried to
cross the road. The ferret didn't make it, but did survive and with
relatively superficial damage.

She called us and said that she was going to take it to our vet to
have it checked out. (leaving details out in case of identification)
She named the ferret "Tuppy" after having to convince the ARL that it
needed care, and was not a piece of "Tupperware" to throw away since
it was damaged.

After a check-up and x-rays, it appeared like there were no breaks and
no apparent damage, other than some road rash on it's chin and upper
lip. There is partial paralysis in the hind end, but with no breaks or
fractures, were hoping for soft tissue bruising only, and a possible
full recovery.

The reason for this posting, is in hopes that this ferret had gotten
loose/out of the house, and someone is looking for it. The other
alternative would just piss us off, so were hoping for the best. We
placed an ad in the local paper, and will watch for posters, and phone
calls looking for a lost ferret. Until then, we will care for the
ferret and continue meds and therapy and try to make a happy home
for our guest.

Keep "Tuppy" in your prayers for a full recovery, and that someone
really does love "it" and wants "it" back.

Jim

Ferret Rescue of Maine
A State licensed, 501c3 Non-profit shelter.
Donate to shelter ferrets by clicking
igive.com/from