From:
Ferret Rescue of Tidewater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 20:14:50 -0500
OK- Now you've just stumbled into the labryinth of ferretdom- how to get
that nasty medicine into my cute, smart ferret!  Some tricks that I have
learned:

1) Always assume the ferret knows it will taste bad.
2) Any tablets can be melted in hot water.
3) Vets will give you (or sell you) syringes to put tablets in.
4) Once the tablet is melted, mix with something that tastes good(ferretone,
   Pet-tinic, sustacal, etc).
5) Mix a second syringe of plain good tasting stuff to wash it down.
6) Grab ferret, stick syringe in corner of mouth, and squirt!
7) Follow up with the good stuff!

This is working with my insulinoma ferret needing to take prednisone twice a
day. What also worked was to crush the tablet and mix with good tasting,
strong smelling food like feline a/d. Hope this helps!

Lisa and the Dirty Dozen