Date:
Sat, 18 Jul 2009 14:43:05 -0400
Wow, just on the heels of Kim's "The list ..." (pay it it forward) post
about the thoughtfulness and generosity of people on this list, I read
Robin's post about her unexpected Supertonks gift. If you skimmed them,
Two completely unrelated posts. I wrote and asked Robin to show me
a picture of the cross stitch portrait of Supertonks that surprised
her in the mail the other day. I expected to see something wonderful,
sure, because interestingly many of us here are creative, and some
are artists. But my expectations were within reason. What's more, I
expected to see a caricature of "Super"tonks standing there with arms
on his hips and cape waving in the wind.

Nope. When I opened the image she sent me, my jaw hit the floor. Robin
said this picture was of "Supertonks" on this list, so you'd all know
who the portrait was of. But it was not Supertonks at all. It was of
Tonks ... her baby, not "our" superhero. And it was stunning. An exact
likeness that captured his gentleness to a T.

Friends of Robin already know that for a couple months now her life has
been turned upside down and tossed around more than a Caesar salad. In
fact, we are all very worried. But circumstances are what they are, and
they cannot be changed in this case. So the gift arrived with perfect
timing. And even better, this picture is beautiful, soothing, and
filled with emotion. I'm sure she'll remember that day for a very, very
long time.