Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 21:56:31 -0400
I've heard about it... But til now I hadn't experienced it.  Took in 2
ferrets late last week that their owner NEEDED to get rid of RIGHT AWAY.
"They're stinky little rodents.  I just can't stand them." She'd had them
1.5 yrs, since they were babies.  She had tons of stuff: nice cage, every
hammock & gimcrack & toy, canned food & kibble, wood pellet litter - but
kept them caged all the time, except occasionally to let them play in a big
refrigerator carton.  She gave them & all paraphernalia to me for free -
"Just get them out of here."

So I took them home.  Didn't quarantine them - I knew I should but partner
George brought their cage into our current ferret room & before I knew it
everyone was rubbing noses etc, & before I knew it again stepdaughter had
let them out to see if the old ones would play with the new ones.  So.

My friend Rita had told me how much her 9-year-old daughter wanted a
ferret.  I knew what a dedicated pet owner Rita is so I called to see if
she wanted 2.  She asked if they could try them out for a week.  3 days
later (i.e. tonite) they were back.  Too much work for the child, & they
gave Rita the willies.

But, frankly, we had sort of fallen for the white one... she is very
playful & dooks loudly, & neither of our existing 2 is vocal... & she'd be
a good playmate for Ramon, who is much more active than his current partner
Chloe...

They're both gentle & mischievous & active & well socialized with people
and ferrets.  One of them is already into the ferretone & Totally Ferret &
pooping in the "good ferret" corner; I'm hoping the other will catch on
quickly.

If we keep them I mean...

Question: The white one has the shits.  I'm going to assume it's just the
stress of all the changes, for the moment.  Right?  She is cheerful &
playful & extremely active.  Should I do more, as long as she seems to be
feeling ok?

Change of subject: Soy milk: Didn't someone ask about soy milk a few months
ago?  I was sitting on the floor eating my granola & soy milk for either
breakfast or dessert a few days ago, & put the near empty dish down.  Ramon
loped up & lapped all the remaining soy milk out of the dish, leaving
however the little oatmeal grains - & raisins.  (He's not the raisin type.)
He liked it fine, thank you.

Dooks to all --

sharin
and Chloe the Weasel, Ramon
and the visitors, Blaze, who is white with red eyes & grey arms, and
Cinnamon, who is, well, you know.