From:
Michele Fitzgerald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 17:34:02 -0400
Dooks to all,
Was very heartwarming to read all of the GOOD news out there in FML land
today, seems like evryone's ferrets are on the road to recovery after some
scary surgeries and stuff.  Hello Fulvio, what a great story to share with
everyone, it's so interesting to hear about ferrets in other countries,
somehow they all manage to teach us humans a thing or two no matter what
language we speak!

Britta, Yoshi sounds like a really sweet, old gal.  Has she been having any
staring episodes too?  Might be a good idea to get a blood sugar check,
sometimes hind end weakness can signal pancreatic problems too.

Lizzi, clump litter tends to stick to their butts when they "wipe"
themselves(as ferrets tend to do) and can also be ingested or inhaled...
that stuff clogs toilets..imagine what it can do to our little guys'
plumbing!

Tracy, thanks for the info on the exotic pet records, I wrote to them and
will see if we can use them in our clinic as a "service" to our ferret
owners...if not I'll be getting 8 for myself!

Lydia, good luck with Bubba's vet visit...it is such a dilemma in the
multi-ferret household finding out who is sick and who isn't sometimes....
I wish I could think of THAT everytime ferret math hits!!

Carrie, Sandy & TLE, glad to hear your little girls are all feeling better
now!

Kristen, congrats on the new FOUR!!

And now for a question....Finny has only a slight thin strip of opaque
white in his otherwise translucent front canines, and only about a third
of the way down.  I can't recall how old this makes him, and do the teeth
become completely translucent with old age.  (I'm thinking at least four,
but he could be much older than that.)  He is still weak in his hind end
but has much more energy and playfulness to him, I'm starting to think
that his recovery is taking so long because he is very old.  All of his
bloodwork came back OK...if anyone has access to the teeth charts I would
appreciate a guesstimate...thanks.

Michele & the 8-iz-enuff crew