From:
"Ingrid K. Lower" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 01:12:04 -0700
Hello everyone, Cathy on my ratlist posted these two emails.  I am cross
posting with her permission in the hopes someone can help her.  Please
email her directly.

Thank you for your time,
Ingrid
 From: [log in to unmask]
 Subject: Attention Ferret Owners

Do any of you use those Funnel Bubble Wave Tube things?  If you do, is
there some secret to getting them apart and putting them back together
again?  My rats LOVE playing in the tubes so I don't want to take them
away, but I find it nearly IMPOSSIBLE to take them apart for cleaning and
even harder to put them back together again!!  Am I doing something
wrong?  I have tried running the plastic connectors under hot water to
make them more pliable, but that only helps a little bit.  Please HELP!!

I wrote to SuperPets (thanks for the contact info, Jenn) about how
difficult it is to get the Funnels apart and back together.  I told them
I belong to many pet rat groups so HUNDREDS of people are interested in
the answer.  Here is their response... (pretty darn USELESS, as far as I
am concerned!)

Cathy

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding the Fun-nels on the #60360.

The easiest way that I have found to disconnect the fun-nels is to not
pull them straight off.  For me, they tend to come off easier if you try
to get the left or right side off first.  Try pulling them on a little
bit of an angle.  This should make it less difficult to remove the
fun-nels.  Regarding their reattachment, again it can sometimes be easier
to try to put the left or right side in first and then the other side as
opposed to just pushing it straight in the connection point.  The
fun-nels are designed to have a very tight fit because both ferrets and
rats are very intelligent creatures.  The fit is so tight to ensure that
the tubing does not collapse and they are not able to figure out a way
to escape through the fun-nel connections.

I hope this information is helpful and if you have any other questions
or need any further information, please feel free to contact us again.
Thank you for your support of Super Pet products.

Best Regards,
Pets International, Ltd.