From:
Joe bear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:03:19 -0700
Stormy here to put in da mind control....er....I mean reminders about the
fundraisers for the college lab kids who are staying at Ferret Business
of GA until they find their own homes.  Shelter mom, Juliana is working
really hard to get them ready.

Now, Stormy wants to remind you about these eBay auctions.

A Ferret and Kitten Picnic in the Park Art Piece
Item # : 3694541745.

Harry Potter Ferret Art Piece
Item # : 3694544643.

Special thanks goes to Lisette for making and donating these neat art
pieces.

Stormy also learned that the upcoming Labor Day card exchange will
benefit the lab kids.  Thank you Judy and to everyone who takes part in
this.  The way Stormy understands it works is, you take your dollar and
put it with something else's dollar and then you get quiet a few dollars
to help the shelter.  You also get some really nice cards and sometimes
the hoomans send stuff for each other.  Sounds like fun so be sure to
get signed up.  Miss Lily said you don't have to send dollars to be in
the card exchange but if you can help it will mean alot to the shelter.

For Card Exchange info visit:
http://www.geocities.com/imdella/card.html

Wednesday Stormy got an update from shelter mom, Juliana on the lab
girls.  Some of them went to get fixed and the rest will go Friday.
Stormy thinks that going to college must be a bad thing since all the
fuzzies needed fixing after going.  Going to college must have broken
them!!!

Shelter mom, Juliana had this to report:
In only one week s time, some of them do seem to look forward to, & be
more happy rather than scared, during out time.  We re starting to see
some dancing & chuckling.  Some of them have started to bat balls around,
play w/hanging toys, & duck in & out of the clay pot & bedding.

The changes they ve gone through have been very traumatic & an assault on
their senses.  After having to live in barren cages in an environment
completely void of physical & sensory stimulation all their lives, I am
amazed at the transformation in only one week.  Although they still
tremble when held, the change for the better in their personalities has
been remarkable.  Most of the defensive behavior is gone, but there are
still some holdouts.  One big boy, Mario (named after Maria) really
cracks me up.  He s full of bounding energy & bites out of sheer joy.
He just doesn t know any better yet.  What these little ones need is
one-on-one interaction.  They need to be socialized by being held &
gently played with.  They need to be taught what it is to be a ferret
loved & cared for by their own hooman.  They need their own loving
families.  I hope that there are people out there who are considering
adopting, in spite of their age & former circumstances.

Stormy heard that Toby da Canadian put da mind control in place and his
hooman made bedding for all the lab kids so they could have snugglies to
take to new forever homes.  Thanks Toby and high paw five to your mom,
Lynda and her group that helped with this.

Thank you shelter mom, Juliana and everyone who is doing so much to help
get these labs kids ready to go to their own loving homes.

Stormy out......

=====
Please visit Kouri fan club
http://www.geocities.com/kourifanclub/index.html

Kouri is one special ferret, see why he has a fan club dedicated in his
honor.