From:
Florence Love <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:28:01 -0500
A few months ago, on the FML, someone posted a news article about a
military man that loved ferrets that had just died in Afghanistan. He
and his wife lived in California and they had pics of him with his
ferrets. I did a bit of research and got their address, and sent a
message to his widow letting her know that the Crafty Weasels wanted
to give her a gift for her ferrets to honor her husband who had died
on foreign soil so far away from his ferret family.

I don't remember who posted it, but I want to thank them because it
allowed the Crafty Weasels to do a "Random Act of Kindness." There are
lots of people in all walks of life that are having an extremely tough
time, and one moment of kindness could change their whole day or life,
and in doing so it can also enrich the person who did the act. It isn't
a perfect world, but we can all make a difference in someone else's
life.

The message below is the email that I received from his wife, and she
sent 11 cute pictures of her kids in our bedding. I don't believe the
CW bedding has ever looked prettier!

Florence

-------

A Big Thank You from PFC Scott Barnett's Ferrets & Wife

Hi Florence,

This Nikki Barnett and I just wanted to say thank you so much for the
ferret beds! Kodo, Angus and Mickey absolutely love the beds. I put
them in right away and all 3 immediately left their old beds and have
been using yours since. I was so touched by your gift to them, our
ferrets were Scott's favorite pets. We were waiting until after his
time in the Army was done before we had kids of our own so our pets
are our children. Scott would be so happy to know that somewhere out
there someone was thinking about his beloved ferrets enough to make
them beds that they are so happy with.

Our first ferret, Kodo, the white ferret, was his baby and Scott was
always so worried about him and as he got older when Scott was away in
training Scott would ask me to check on him before bed each night and
make sure he was warm enough because he was always so worried about
him. Kodo has taken a liking to the hanging hammock you sent, he loved
his hammock but he also loved to hide in fleece fabric so this one
provides him with both of his favorite things and keeps him very warm.
When I look into the cage and see him curled up in it with only his
little face sticking out all I can picture is Scott's smiling face
because I know he is looking down happy that someone out there other
than me understood his bond with our ferrets. Thank you again for the
beds, that was very sweet of you to send them. To me and Scott that
would be just like someone sending a quilt to a child who lost a parent
and I can't thank you enough, the ferrets really enjoy them.

I have attached pictures that I took shortly after putting them in the
cage.

Thank you again,
Nikki Barnett