From:
Christine Bertch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 11:47:49 -0700
Our big sweet boy, Benji, has just been diagnosed with insulinoma.  When he
gets a little more stable, the vet has suggested an exploratory surgery to
see if we can remove the tumor (which is in accordance with what I have
read so far).  My question to you who have dealt with this disease before
is, have you had any luck controlling this disease with drugs (like
prednisone) instead of the surgery or has the surgery been the best
solution to the problem?  Benji is at least six years old and has
apparently been in very good health before this (we haven't had him long),
but I'm still not sure I want to put a ferret through surgery at this age...

Any advice on how to deal with this disease would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks all,
Christine with Benji, Rikki, Missy, Fiona, Jezebel, and Wuzzitt the
Terrible!