Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 02:39:17 -0400
I don't knoe if this is normal or not, but I am more than a little
concerned.  I have a new bad :-) baby ferret (Polar-- he is 10 wks) that I
have had for 2 wks.  I think he may be one of those Bulldog ferrets because
he is so chunky for his age.  The problem is my other ferret Moonie is 1 1/2
yrs old and she is a tiny little thing.  Polar is always pouncing on Moonie,
especially when they are in the cage.  He is always biting Moonie.  All I
hear is Moonie hissing, and whining while this BIG Baby !! , says on top of
her and bites her.  Monnie appears to just get flaccid and tolerate this.
Once I separated them by putting Polar in another cage , because I thought
he was hurting Moonie, but all Moonie would do was try to reach Polar.
Please tell if this behavior is normal.I thought the older ferret would be
more dominate, but it appears like the baby rules!  I'm worried because
Polar is growing sooo fast and I am afraid He may one day over power Moonie
and really hurt her.  I recently loss my other ferret that was also a male
and a father fiqure to Moonie (this ferret was 3 1/2 when he died), could
this be the cause of this?  Since Moonie was always The baby and now there
is a new baby, that happens to be HUGE and aggressive?  Help!!!  /// Is this
normal?  If it is not what should I do??

Thanks in advance,

Michelle and the FAM ( Moonie and Polar).