From:
Debbi Searing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 09:54:48 EST
Every time I try to take my two fuzzies for a walk in the great outdoors,
they start shaking like leaves the minute they even SEE their harnesses.
Today I had the screen door open to the back yard, and Molly was standing
by it when the neighbors started up their car, and she FLEW away, to her
favorite hiding spot.  Last summer I used to take her outside all the time
with no problems.  Should I keep trying or just give up on fresh air for
them?  Merlin is only 6 months old, so I think Molly corrupted him on this
subject!  Any advice on getting them acclimated to going outside?  Molly
freaks out at the slightest breeze.

Also, I remember a while back someone asked a question about her ferret
eating some rubber stuff, and she wondered how much was passing through or
if it would be accumulating somewhere inside them.  I never saw an answer
to this, but I've been wondering the same thing.  Merlin found a rubber
kid's toy that he chewed up pretty good before I got to him (not to mention
the pack of cough drops), but the next day there were all sorts of pieces
of it in his poop.  Does anyone know, does this pass through if the pieces
are small enough, or should I be worried that he might still have some
hiding in his tummy?  Is it worth getting him x-rayed over?