From:
"March, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 1996 01:25:00 -0700
>Anyway, I have a question about how Nietra is behaving.  Sometimes, she'll
>start bouncing around and almost flipping with her mouth open.  It looks
>like some funny dance or something.

Congradulations...you have now experienced the "Weasel Wardance", also known
in scientific circles as the "play bow".

We've all seen it - it's what a healthy happy fert does when it's in a
playfull, "wrestling" type mood...to her, when you pick her up and relocate
her, you're playing a game with her.

Now, there is such a thing as what I call the "full combat" version, where a
ferret is (or thinks it is) under attack and bounces around wildly looking
for the assailant, meanwhile making itself a harder target to grab.  I've
only seen it once, when my dumb brother accidently lowered a large box onto
the bed directly on Felix the late Albino Cuddleweasel...I yelled at my
brother, who lifted the box, and out popped an unharmed but *very* angry
Felix, who bounced around in what can only be described as a "violent
version" of the normally playfull Weasel Wardance.  After he calmed down in
about 10 seconds or so, he was fine, and odds are you'll never see that
unless the provocation is extreme.

The "happy version" is the pure essence of joy in something fuzzy...