From:
Amy Seyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 1996 09:18:37 -0400
Brooke,

You said that Molly's ears were draining liquid wax.  This is not normal.
Do her ears smell stinky?  It sounds to me like she may have an ear
infection.  I had a ferret who only used to develop an infection in her left
ear, and when it was acting up, she run around with her head tilted to the
side, scratch at her head and whimper.

The drooling sounds like you may have a case of insulinoma on your hands.
What you need to have your vet do is get a fasting glucose reading.
Generally, if the count is 80 or below, insulinoma is immediately suspect,
and then you could discuss with your vet whether she's a good candidate for
surgery.

I'd try to get her ears taken care of first, and see if the drooling and
disorientation continue.

Good luck!

Amy & Dave (and their gaggle of giggling ferrets)
RIP Ian and Elektra