From:
Darren Gilland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 22:00:42 -0700
I have a silver blaze who is 1 1/2 years old.  He is smaller than most male
ferrets, but otherwise healthy.  He does have allergies which gives him
difficulty swallowing larger food (ie: larger than normal kibbles), when
congested, and he did have a serious reaction to Fervac this year.  It
would appear to me that many ferrets have similar characteristics, so I
would be hesitant to catagorize "blazes" as high risk for health problems
at this point, but I would certainly be interested in what others have
experienced.

Similiarly, I would not change my ferret or even choice of future ferrets
because of a potential increased health risk...I really like the look and
temperment of my little guy..in sickness and in health.

Jennifer & SHERLOCK