From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:13:59 -0700
Talked to my dad.  He said that if my moms blood work comes back ok for
the rest of the night and tomorrow that they will release her.

What they think happened is that her stomach muscles or something are not
working properly and not processing the food...then it passes to the
colon and the colon doesn't know what to do with it... so it "dumps" it
quickly.

They have put her on some medication to help.  Her sugar and other levels
seem to be holding and she has gained a little weight.  So, if all goes
well she will be released Saturday.  She will still have a pik line in
and a home nurse will have to come and draw blood weekly or daily.  She
will have to use a cain to help her walk because she is still only 104
pounds and hasn't done much walking in about 3 weeks.

I want to thank everyone for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers...
this wonderful woman has been through more than anyone I know....

death of 2 sons
cancer (3 times)
spleen removed
coma
gallbladder removed
cateracts
overy removed
kidney failure
heart transplant
diabities
and now this....

Amazing woman!

For those that wanted to send her cards, you can mail them to:

Ruby Ruffner
P.O. Box 4316
Huachuca City, AZ  85616

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Joanne Ruffner
Ferret Corner Shelter
"Ferrets are the Spice of Life"
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz
www.supportourshelters.org
www.geocities.com/neverforeverland
There's a pot of Ferret Love at the end of the Rainbow