From:
June Batz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 09:55:51 +0200
What an interesting time it has been.  The dynamics in our house has
changed quite a bit.  Sirrell, our not so little Doberman puppy, he went
from 13 lbs. to 25 lbs. in 3 weeks is the cause for this change.  One of
my cats I am sure has disowned me and has taken residence up under my
dresser with the ferret toys as her subjects and me as the evil enemy.  To
my other cat, Sirrell is a mere annoyance to be dealt with as SHE sees fit.
The ferrets on the other hand I am sure are delighted with the exception
of Ricky who at every opportunity will try to run off with the pups nose,
attached or not.  Sirrell has gotten quick, I wanted him to learn respect
regarding the ferrets with my guidance and Ricky's quickly dealt
punishments, Sirrell usually now avoids him, the other 5 ferrets are a
different story, the relish the attention and love to play with him, it is
difficult to get him to play easy but he is learning, and they don't seem
to mind, but I cringe every time he bowls them over, even thought they
come up dancing and wanting more.  They even play tug of war with their
toys..the ferrets don't want to share!!  My question is to people with dogs
and ferrets, is it okay for them to GENTLY put their mouth on the ferret?
common sense tells me no, but he is so gentle, and believe you me, not for
a minute do I take my eyes off of them..not even to blink!

And again the battle with the food....the dog will eat the cat food, if
he could get in the ferret cage he would eat theirs to..dogs will eat
anything.  The one cat will eat the dog food, wet or dry, my ferrets try to
eat the dog food, Ricky being the biggest can manage the kibble..so when
everyone is out I have to put up the foods.  ''Tis crazy around here!!

Tennessee has turned from horribly hot to bitterly cold literally over
night.  I miss Seattle..

Humphrey, our insulinomic ferret, is hanging in there, his BG has been
consistently around 70, though I noticed the other day that in his right
eye he has developed a cataract.

I love my job..I have yet to see a ferret come through our door, other than
cats and dogs and one guinea pig, we had a turtle come in for a vitamin A
shot..can't wait to meet some ferret owners!

Everyone stay fuzzy
June Louis and the crazy zoo