From:
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 1996 08:22:21 -0800
>From:    Esha Oyarijivbie <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Searching for GA and MD

Directors: Dave & Nelda Clark
Ft. Meade, MD (410) 674-5053

Shadyside Ferrets & Rescue
Director: Ellen Byrne
Germantown, MD (301) 540-2756

Sanders Halfway House
Director: Judith Sanders
Linthicum, MD (410) 850-0143

Since we live in Virginia we know the Maryland folks.  We don't know the
Georgia folks but don't know any reason not to talk to them.  I don't know
where those two shelters in Georgia are.  We have heard good about the GDFA.

>From:    craig wright <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: WOW
>Does anyone know how many in a usual litter???

Average here in the US is 6 to 9 by most accounts.  But it varies by lines.
We've had as few as 2 surviving and as many as 13.  We've heard of as many
as 19, all surviving.  Time of hob and jill together also affects litter
size.  We try for smaller litters now.  Too many breeders in our area for us
to want large litters.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/