From:
Heather Wojtowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 15:10:01 -0400
This is for M-

I believe there are actually ferret shelters in California.  I do know
that there are rescue operations which stands to reason that there must be
ferrets up for adoption.

Visit the website at:
www.cdfa.com

I believe there is a way to contact them and see if there are any ferrets
up for adoption in California.

I think it would depend on the policies of the shelter in Seattle -
obviously shelter owners disagree with the California ferret ban, but might
be reluctant to send a ferret to California where there IS a possibility
that, if found, the ferret might be confiscated and destroyed.

I know how you feel - until 1996 ferrets were illegal here in Massachusetts
and owning one was like having a time bomb in your house.  We had to drive
to Connecticut to get vet care - things are much easier now!

Hope all is well in CA-

-Heather W.