From:
Sue Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 07:53:30 EDT
Hey Gang,

I've been lurking for a bit.  I used to write in quite often but I
recently had back surgery so I have just been sitting back and enjoying
the reading, Alexandra, your stories absolutely crack me up.  There was
one morning while recouperating (I think it was the door toy story) I was
sitting at my computer at my parent's house laughing hysterically.  My
mom has NO concept of the computer and couldn't understand why I was
laughing so hard.  I read her your story, and while she is NOT a ferret
person (shame on her LOL) she was laughing as hard as I was just the same.

I wanted to write in becuause I have an old boy named Paul whom I adopted
thru the Educated Ferret out in western Mass.  Paul was a young 8 years
old when I adopted him, and deaf and blind.  He was a powerhouse; that
boy got around better than a lot of the sighted and hearing ferrets I had
met when I was in the process of adopting.  Let me tell you, he gives the
younger ones a serious run for their money; he runs around, dooks (have
you ever heard a deaf ferret dook?  He he he...it's funny as hell), and
until recently it was hard to tell him and my other sable, Toby,
apart....Paul recently started loosing hair on his tail so it's a lot
easier to pick him out.  The last time I posted about Paul, a lot of
people wrote me back and wondered about his quality of life...his quality
of life is fine!  He is a happy and secure little critter, knows his
surroundings and gets around just fine.  I've had Paul about two years
now; he is definitely an old boy.  What I was told when I adopted him was
that the MSPCA had him in Boston, and someone had found Paul ABANDONDED
IN A TRASH CAN.  I decided I wanted to make the last years of his life a
happy one....and had no doubts about it.  He's one of the crowd here.

ANyway, now it's off to work. What fun.  :)

Sue
and the fabulous Five: Dante, Toby, Paul, Templeton and Nala